What Is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of the individuals with whom we interact. This may include, for example, your:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address; and
- payment information (including, for example, credit card information).
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning.
Mimi’s Rock is engaged in the sale of nutraceuticals, vitamins and other wellness products. As such, Mimi’s Rock may also collect personal information from individuals participating in and / or impacted by these activities.
As a general rule, Mimi’s Rock collects personal information directly from you. In most circumstances where the personal information that we collect about you is held by a third party, we will obtain your permission before we seek out this information from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you, or implied from your actions).
From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
We may collect information related to your visit to our website, including the IP address and domain used to access our website, your access date and time, the files viewed or downloaded, the type and version of your browser and operating system, the website you came from to access our website, the page you entered and exited at, any webpage within our website that is viewed by that IP address, what country you are from, and your language preference. We may use this information to monitor our website's performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our other business purposes, such as: (i) customizing certain content that we think you might like based on your usage patterns; (ii) improving our products and services; and (iii) upgrading our website.
In connection with the foregoing, we may place a "cookie" on the hard drive of your computer to track your visit. The cookie acts as an identification card and allows our website to identify you and to record your passwords and preferences. The cookie allows us to track your visit to our website so that we can understand your use of our website so that we can tailor the website to better meet your needs. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, on most web browsers you may change this setting to have your web browser either: (i) notify you prior to a website placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie; or (ii) automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive. It should be noted that if cookies are not accepted, you may not be able to access a number of web pages found on the website.
In addition, we collect the personal information that you submit to our website, such as your name, address and any other contact or other information that you choose to provide by:
- applying for a position with Mimi’s Rock through our website; or
- by corresponding with a representative of Mimi’s Rock via e-mail using the hyperlinks created for that purpose.
- Purchasing an item on our website; or
- Requesting to be apart of our mailing list
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. If you click on a link to such a third party website, a third party may also place a cookie on your hard drive. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. Mimi’s Rock is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
Mimi’s Rock collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our operations, including for example:
- to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested;
- to be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may: (i) understand your requirements for our products and services; and (ii) work to improve our products and services;
- to send you promotional and other marketing materials that we think might be of interest to you;
- to be able to review the products and services that we obtain from you so that we may work with you and so that you may understand our requirements for such products and services;
- to create Aggregated Information (as defined below) for the purposes of: (i) meeting our clients’ requests; and/or (ii) developing new or improving existing products and services;
- to be able to comply with your requests;
- to protect Mimi’s Rock against error, fraud, theft, and damage to our goods and property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable laws or regulatory process; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
How Do We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may use and disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by applicable laws or regulatory requirements;
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
We may also use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates, and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: (i) third parties that provide services to us; (ii) third parties that assist Mimi’s Rock in the provision of services to you; and (iii) third parties whose services we use to conduct our business.
For example, we may share your personal information from time to time with our third party information technology, data processing and payment processing service providers so that we may operate our business. As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in the United States and Canada. As such, your personal information may potentially be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
Finally, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- as part of Mimi’s Rock regular reporting activities to its affiliates;
- to protect the rights and property of Mimi’s Rock;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; and
- with your consent.
Your Consent Is Important to Us
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
As we have described above, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer. In certain circumstances, the withdrawal of consent may render us unable to continue to provide products or services where the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information is necessary to provide the product or service.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
Mimi’s Rock endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction.
The security of your personal information is important to us, please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can ask to see your personal information. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
California Privacy Rights
- The categories of personal information we collect about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collect about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed in the prior twelve months.
- If we sold your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of personal information we have sold in the prior twelve months.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information. In some circumstances we may not be able to honor your request for deletion – for example, if we need to hold on to your information to protect the security or functionality of our operations, to service your account, or to comply with legal obligations. To ask for a record of the information we hold about you, or to ask us to delete your information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (877) 959-5474. You must provide enough information that we can verify who you are and that you are a California resident. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requester’s identity and authority to make the request. You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time. We have not, nor have the intention to, sell the following categories of personal information within the last twelve months: personal identifiers, commercial information, Internet/other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, characteristics of protected classifications, and inferences drawn from this information. To opt out of the sale of your personal information, you may submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make any of these requests under the CCPA on your behalf. We will not deny services, charge different prices, offer a different quality of service or otherwise discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Inquiries or Concerns?
Mimi’s Rock Corp
610 Chartwell Road, Suite 2020
Attention: Privacy Officer
Telephone: (905) 484-4851